Suffolk Madrid: A World of Opportunities
Whether you attend Suffolk University Madrid for an academic year or a semester, you will find an outstanding program with the following characteristics:
- Strong academic structure
- Multicultural enrollment
- Efficient services
- Excellent facilities
- Numerous exciting cultural and social events
- Accreditation in the US and in Spain
Both in and out of the classroom, the Suffolk Madrid program offers a multitude of educational experiences:
- Choose from academic courses taught in English at either Suffolk University Madrid or at Universidad CEU San Pablo.
- Spanish Language and Culture courses taught in Spanish at Suffolk University Madrid from elementary language to upper division
- Academic courses taught in Spanish at Universidad CEU San Pablo in 8 different disciplines
Extra academic opportunities
- Housing - five different options:
- Spanish families home stay
- Small residences
- Universidad CEU San Pablo dormitory (for male students)
- Orientation trip: An introductory traveling Intercultural Workshop, at the beginning of each semester
- Weekly cultural activities, with Universidad CEU San Pablo students conducted in Spanish, including choir, ballroom dancing, theatre, flamenco, gardening and many others
- Suffolk University cultural routes (excursions)
- Sports in the Universidad CEU San Pablo varsity and intramurals divisions
- Volunteer programs of the CEU San Pablo Pastoral office
*Note: This program is recommended for students who have not yet completed their foreign language requirement at Chapman. If you have already completed SPAN 201 or higher, we encourage you to consider other international programs.
Chapman University maintains a record of the courses that previous Study Abroad students have taken, and the equivalent Chapman credit that was granted for each course. To view the course equivalencies for this program, click “View Sample” under Pre-Approved Courses at the top of this brochure page. Please note that this is not a comprehensive list of all courses available at the institution. You may view the entire course catalog for Suffolk University here. Students are encouraged to propose additional or revised equivalencies during the application process, which will be evaluated by the appropriate academic units on campus.
Credit and Grading Transfer
Credits from the Suffolk University will transfer as follows:
Credit at Suffolk University
Credit at Chapman
Students must enroll in the equivalent of 12-18 Chapman credits.
Grades will transfer according to the US scale.
All courses must be taken for a letter grade. Classes taken as ‘Pass/Fail’ will not be accepted, with the exception of internships. Internships must be approved by the Center for Global Education.