Integrated Studies Program - Seville, Spain
Live the sevillano lifestyle while earning course-credit through Spanish Studies Abroad's semester programs. Seville, a beautiful and ancient city, is known for its winding Moorish streets, Renaissance gardens, grand architecture, and flamenco.
The Integrated Studies Program - Universidad de Sevilla or Universidad Pablo de Olavide
Students in the Integrated Studies Program take the majority of their courses alongside Spanish students at one or two local universities: Universidad de Sevilla or Universidad Pablo de Olavide. Through a specially-designed culture course and intensive language program, you are guided through the process of studying abroad at a foreign institution, so that you may more fully integrate into the sevilllano culture. Spanish Studies in Seville also houses the Spanish Studies program, which is known for its rigorous academic curriculum and attention to the study abroad student's immersion experience.
Spanish Studies Program Highllights
- Intensive Language Period, designed to prepare you for living and studying in Spain
- Guided direct enrollment
- Tutoring and support from our Center in Spain
- Wide-array of courses offered through Universidad de Sevilla and Universidad Pablo de Olavide
- Independent Research Projects
- Speaking partners with native speakers
TRAVEL THE LAND...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Granada and the Alhambra, Ronda, La Rábida Monastery and the beach, Córdoba and the Great Mosque, Itálica, and more!
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain, Morocco, and Portugal
LIVE THE LIFE...
- Spanish Studies Abroad-designed course to aid cultural adaptation
- Monthly fiestas for American and Spanish students at the Center in Seville
- Sevillanas dance classes and citywide festivals, such as Feria, Spain's largest folkloric festival
- Internships, service learning projects, and volunteer opportunities
- Homestays with local families or housing in student residence halls with Spanish students
...with Spanish Studies Abroad
With over 40 years of academic excellence in Spanish studies, Spanish Studies Abroad offers advanced Spanish language students the opportunity to take classes alongside local students while benefiting from the cultural guidance, language tools, and academic quality that defines Spanish Studies Abroad programming.
The goal of the Integrated Spanish Studies with Local Students program is to guide you to live as a member of sevillano culture both on campus and in the city, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. A unique intensive period at the Center in Seville prepares you for the challenges of studying in a foreign university. The Center also provides you with many available resources to help you navigate through your experience.
Spanish Studies Abroad program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Spanish Studies Abroad staff, pre-departure support, laundry, overnight and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, computer access, and a Spanish Studies Abroad transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available through the Center.
- Successful completion of two semesters of advanced college-level Spanish or the equivalent; or heritage speaker
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
Chapman University maintains a record of the courses that previous study abroad students have taken, and the equivalent Chapman credit that was granted for each course. To view the course equivalencies for this program, click “Sample Pre-Approved Courses” at the top of each program brochure page. Please note that Sample Pre-Approved Courses are courses that have been previously requested by a Chapman student for credit. It is not a comprehensive list of all courses available at the institution. You may view the entire course catalog for this program by accessing the Spanish Studies Abroad - Integrated Studies Program website
. Students are encouraged to request additional or revised equivalencies during the pre-departure process, which will be evaluated by the appropriate academic units on campus.
Credit and Grading Transfer
Credits from the Spanish Studies Abroad - Integrated Studies Program will transfer as follows:
|Credit at Spanish Studies Abroad - Integrated Studies Program
||Credit at Chapman University
Students must enroll in the equivalent of 12-18 Chapman credits.
|Grade at Spanish Studies Abroad - Integrated Studies Program
||Grade at Chapman University
All courses must be taken for a letter grade. Classes taken as ‘Pass/Fail’ will not be accepted, with the exception of internships. Internships must be approved by the Center for Global Education.