All information below represents the Summer 2017 International Internship Programming. Updates for Summer 2018 Programming will be available Fall 2017
EUSA Timeline, year 2017.pptx
TC InsureMyTrip Student Signature Sheet.pdf
Travel Course eDeposit and Payment.pdf
Learn more about Chapman University's academic internship program in Madrid!
Whether you want to gain experience in the world of finance, express yourself at a PR agency, bring history to life at a museum, debate politics or advocate with nonprofit organizations, the right internship is there for you.
Join us to explore the possibilities.
ATTEND: EUSA'S Virtual Information Session to get answers for Madrid Internships
Madrid Online Information Session Dates:
- Thursday, October 20 @ 7:00 am PST (Join)
- Tuesday, November 15 @ 7:00 am PST (Join)
Madrid Summer Internship
Madrid is Spain's capital and the largest city in the country. Experience the city's charms: a city with a rich cultural heritage and a booming metropolitan area considered to be Spain's headiest. Chapman students have the opportunity to intern in this beautiful city for 8 weeks, and earn 3 units toward your degree. Internship opportunities are available in a variety of industries.
Interviews for this program are conducted solely in Spanish.
Who: Junior and Senior standing in any major with language proficiency equivalent to the skills achieved at the end of the 5th semester of college level Spanish, with a GPA of 3.0 or above
What: 7 - week professional internship, 4 days a week (M-TH)
When: May 24, 2017 - July 15, 2017
Cost Range: $6109.00-$6720.00*
*final cost is dependent on the number of participants. Tuition fees are not included.
Program includes: Internship placement and support services, which includes coaching and trouble-shooting during the placement, Individual Skype or telephone internship consultation meetings with online pre-departure orientation, Mid-term review and final evaluation, Seven and one-half weeks of housing in a home stay, including hotel accommodation for three nights during orientation, On-site program management and emergency support, On-site program and internship orientation, Cultural exploration activities program, and third party liability insurance.
Before applying to this program please note that EUSA informed us that the Spanish Ministry of Finance and Public Administration has recently imposed an additional requirement of an FBI background check from any students who are considering working with minors (18 yrs of age and younger).
Attached is a guide for any student going to Madrid and interested in this type of placement. EUSA wanted to get the word out well in advance as FBI background checks often take 12-14 weeks to complete. Madrid FBI Background Check .pdf
To apply to this program:
1. Open up an International Internship application through the Global Gateway portal.
2. Print out and complete the Enrollment and Financial Obligation Form
3. Pay your $400 non-refundable, Application Deposit to the Cashier in Student Services or through the student ePay system for Summer 2017, instructions below
4. Submit your Original, Completed Enrollment form, Deposit Receipt, and Trip Cancellation form to Center for Global Education, 576 N. Glassell BEFORE 4 PM Tues., Nov 15, 2016.
5. James J Coyle, PhD will sign your Enrollment Form once it is turned in and reviewed by CGE staff.
6. Complete all Chapman Questionnaires and Materials required in the Global Gateway before Tuesday, Dec 6, 2016
International Internships are approved for the Global Study portion of the 2007 GE Program.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Center for Global Education, phone: 714.997.6830 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org