Spanish Studies Program - Seville, Spain
Seville, a beautiful and ancient city, is known for its winding Moorish streets, Renaissance gardens, grand architecture, and flamenco. Located in a historic downtown mansion, the Center has brought Americans and sevillanos together since 1969 by actively promoting interaction through language-exchanges, joint fiestas, and outings to cultural events.
Spanish Studies Program
All Spanish Studies courses are specifically designed to enhance your understanding of modern Spain while you immerse yourself in Spanish language and culture. The program is tailored to help students fulfill requirements needed for Spanish, international studies, business, education and other majors. In addition to living in a Spanish home, cultural events and social activities enhance the cultural element of your experience. At the Center, you also benefit from the expertise of our staff, who guide you to more fully immerse yourself in the sevillano community through volunteer work, local clubs, internships, etc.
Learn the Language..
- U.S.-modeled curriculum designed by Spanish Studies Abroad Small classes taught in Spanish by native professors
- Opportunities for guided direct enrollment in courses
at Universidad de Sevilla
- Independent Research Projects
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Granada and the Alhambra, Ronda, La Rábida Monastery and the beach, Córdoba and the Great Mosque, Itálica, and more!
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain, Morocco, and Portugal
Live the Life...
- Course designed to aid cultural adaptation
- Monthly fiestas for American and Spanish students at the Center in Seville
- Sevillanas dance classes and citywide festivals, such as Feria, Spain's largest folkloric festival
- Internships, service learning projects, and volunteer opportunities
- Homestays with local families or housing in student residence halls with Spanish students
...with the Spanish Studies Abroad
With over 40 years of academic excellence in Spanish studies, Spanish Studies Abroad specially designed the Advanced Spanish Studies program for Spanish language students entering the advanced-level of Spanish with a wide range of academic interests. Students may enroll for a semester or academic year and earn 12-18 credits per semester.
The goal of the Advanced Spanish Studies program is to guide you to live as a member of sevillano culture, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. Experienced professors design their courses, no matter the discipline, to advance critical thinking and mature corre413)256-0011
Chapman University maintains a record of the courses that previous study abroad students have taken, and the equivalent Chapman credit that was granted for each course. To view the course equivalencies for this program, click “Sample Pre-Approved Courses” at the top of each program brochure page. Please note that Sample Pre-Approved Courses are courses that have been previously requested by a Chapman student for credit. It is not a comprehensive list of all courses available at the institution. You may view the entire course catalog for this program by accessing the Spanish Studies Abroad - Spanish Studies Program website
. Students are encouraged to request additional or revised equivalencies during the pre-departure process, which will be evaluated by the appropriate academic units on campus.
Credit and Grading Transfer
Credits from the Spanish Studies Abroad - Spanish Studies Program will transfer as follows:
|Credit at Spanish Studies Abroad - Spanish Studies Program
||Credit at Chapman University
Students must enroll in the equivalent of 12-18 Chapman credits.
|Grade at Spanish Studies Abroad - Spanish Studies Program
||Grade at Chapman University
All courses must be taken for a letter grade. Classes taken as ‘Pass/Fail’ will not be accepted, with the exception of internships. Internships must be approved by the Center for Global Education.